March 29th, 2010
It is really upsetting to find out that your test results are not what you have expected them to be.
- Hi, I’m calling you because I failed my test and now I don’t know what to do?
- What product did you fail with?
- This is the thing, I didn’t use anything – I’ve been completely clean for over two months now, and I tested myself at home two times before the test! And both times I got two solid lines on the test!
- If you tested negative at home, you should have passes you test…
- Yes, I know! That’s why I wanted to call you guys and see if you can figure out why I failed.
- What did you fail it for?
- Marijuana. And, as I said, I have been clean for almost three month now! I weight 130 lbs, very active person, and I don’t see how pot can stay in my body for this long!?
- Are you taking any prescription medications?
- Anything over-the-counter?
- Well, I took Midol that morning, my stomach hurt, but that’s about it.
- Over-the-counter pain relievers, like Midol, Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Ibuprofen, etc, have been known to give false positive results for THC. Tell the lab that you have taken a pain reliever and need to retest, and make sure not to take ANYTHING for a couple days before your test.
It is very important to stay clean before your test, and in this case clean means absolutely clean, of anything. Many prescription medications and over-the-counter pills can lead to false-positive test results.